Property Type : Other Residential
Property Style : N/A
Build Size : 9,687 ft² / 900 m²
Land Size : N/A
Bedroom : 4
Bathroom : 5
Half Bathroom : 0
The "Castello del Piano" is located at Isola del Cantone in the province of Genoa, was built around 1550 at the behest of William II Spinola and stands on a rocky spur near the confluence of the rivers Vobbia and Scrivia. Destined to residential dwelling rather than a defensive fortress, the property has a square plan with two circular towers as well as a private church with direct access from the park. The Court of the fortress, made of a thick wall, can be reached throughout a bridge over the moat and a portal between the two towers, and includes a stone well and an ancient bread oven. The main body of the property, with a square shape, is developed on three levels. Over the centuries have been made extensions and reinterpretations, among them the realization in 1628 of the elegant loggia with quadrangular base that permits the entrance to main floor that features an imposing living room with frescoed vaulted ceilings and a large fireplace. Around the living room there are four rooms with frescoed ceilings and fireplaces. Upstairs, from a large room placed on several levels and with beamed ceiling, there is the entrance to four bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Downstairs, there is a large dining room with a vaulted ceiling , a large kitchen and dining room, in addition to a living room with fireplace and access to the cantilevered garden on the river and the thermal power plant. The property is under the supervision of the Superintendence for architectural heritage of Liguria and currently is rented for receptions and weddings. Isola del Cantone is located 30 minutes from Genoa and from the Tyrrhenian Sea and 90 minutes from Milan Malpensa.