Exceptional and magnificent Château from 1840, restored to perfection, several elegant reception rooms, library, 3 suites and 4 en-suite (Off Market)
For Sale, 3,500,000 EUR
(~ 3,959,836 USD)
Property Type : House
Property Style : Traditional
Build Size : 6,243 ft² / 580 m²
Land Size : 3,454,458 ft² / 320,930 m² Convert Land Size
Bedroom : 7
Bathroom : 6
Half Bathroom : N/A
The Château offers about 580m² of living space over 3 floors
Ground floor: The impressive main door leads to
- The Entrance Hall 12.4m2 with arched ornate plaster ceilings and a beautiful authentic parquet flooring.
- The hall opens onto an elegant Gallery 30m2 with anther authentic parquet flooring, giving access to a landing with the second staircase.
- To the right of the entrance hall is the formal Dining Room 26m2 with a white marble fireplace and very beautiful and authentic parquet flooring.
- Further on right is the elegant formal Living Room 60m2 with a stone balcony and views over fields and woodland, a large open stone fireplace, fully carpeted floor and an oak semicircular staircase leading down to the Breakfast and family Dining room.
- Passing the Gallery towards the left, it opens onto a Landing 15m2 with the original circular staircase connecting the 3 floors, authentic parquet flooring, and allows access to a Guest WC, the Master Bedroom Suite and to the Library via a secret door.
- From the main Entrance Hall to the left, there is the Library opposite the dining area. The Library 26m2 has fully panelled walls with built in cupboards and book shelves, a marble fire place and authentic parquet flooring as well as a built in plasma screen and internet.
- The Master Bedroom Suite 47m2 with the bedroom in wooden panelling, carpeted flooring, plasma screen; fitted dressing room, and a very chic bathroom with a roll top cast iron bath, large shower, double basins, large cupboard with TV, floor and walls in marble.
Garden level: 2 beautiful staircases lead to this floor
- The oak semicircular staircase leads to the Breakfast/Family Dining Room 29m2 with marble flooring, large double doors lead to the terrace overlooking the beautifully kept garden with the granite fountain.
- To the right is the fully fitted tailor made kitchen 28m2 to highest standards, with marble sink and worktops, stainless steel appliances, plasma screen, marble flooring, large double doors lead to the terrace
- From the breakfast room off to the left, there is a TV/Games Room 34m2 with wall mounted LCD HD TV and audio/DVD system, marble flooring.
- Rear entrance hall 8.5m2 with large cupboards, double doors leading to the terrace, marble flooring
- Cloak Room with WC 4m2 with marble flooring
- Lounge/Bar area 39m2 with a stone fireplace in the lounge area, 2 steps lead up to a fully fitted Bar originally from a French Restaurant with a marble counter top and bar stools, a door leads to a fully equipped Wine Store with a sink and black marble top, marble flooring throughout.
- Landing 17m2 with the original spiral wooden staircase up to the top floor, marble flooring, large double doors lead to the terrace
- Relaxation Room 9.5m2 and Steam Shower, marble flooring
- Utility Room 17m2 with double doors leading to the terrace, at the back is the Boiler Room 10m2
First floor: Access via the beautiful original spiral wooden staircase to
- Landing 8m2 with oak flooring
- Towards the west side is the Guest Suite 37m2 with sitting area with wall TV, dressing area with refreshment area (fridge, kettle etc), oak flooring, en-suite bath room with cast iron roll top bath, twin pedestal wash basins, shower, WC, marble flooring.
- In the middle is a large family area 76m2 with a central living area, 2 double bedrooms to the north side sharing a shower room, 2 double bedrooms to the south side sharing a shower room. The living area features a glass ceiling which allows light to flood into the open living space and to see the large and impressive roof timbers, a kitchenette and a balcony overlooking the beautiful countryside. The shower rooms feature a large walk in shower with glass door, pedestal wash basin, WC, marble mosaic tiled floor and shower.
- Towards the east side is another Guest Suite 54m2 with sitting area and bedroom with wall mounted TV, refreshment area with fridge, coffee machine etc., high sloping ceiling with beautiful exposed timber work, en-suite bath room with cast iron roll top bath, twin pedestal wash basins, glass shower, separate WC with hand wash basin.
Attic 90m2: access via a loft ladder
Granite Fountain 8m x 6m x 1m, heated and filtered, allowing it to be used as a plunge pool
Large terrace 35m x 5m overlooking the formal garden and Dovecote
Stone staircase with a central water feature crossing the property
Ancient Stone Pond 12m x 8m which needs to be restored
Very attractive Dovecote with a tower and on 2 floors, offering about 200m2 in total, some plumbing and wiring is already in place, various development possibilities are available subject to planning permit
Garage 65m2 with electric door
Small building matching the Dovecote, on 2 levels each 13m²
The Château with its 32ha of grounds is set in a beautiful countryside area with no neighbours in sight. Entering the property by a stately wrought iron gate with remote control, the prestigious 800m tree-lined driveway guarantees quietness and privacy. The land comprises 12ha of arable land, 8ha of pasture and about 10ha of woods, the remaining part is the well tended grounds that surround the buildings. A stream with running water all year round crosses the property and provides free water for the estate. There is a stone-built deviation channel which takes water from the natural stream and forms waterfalls, pools and a unique water feature staircase. Arriving at the Château there is a large graveled area with a turning circle around a bronze sculpture, combined with box hedges and ancient stone walls, the impressive main door and façade the visitor is welcomed into a different world. The area around the buildings is flat or slightly sloping. The surroundings of the buildings have been beautifully landscaped and LED lighting allows full enjoyment in the dark. Subterranean tanks provide water for an automatic sprinkler system. Between the Château and the Dovecote, the granite fountain decorates the formal garden and is heated and filtered so that it can also be enjoyed as a plunge pool. Further there is the possibility to buy additional land with former farm buildings actually wrecks. These are at a significant distance from the château. Depending on a future project and subject to planning permission this could be an additional option.
General condition and technical features
The Château has been totally restored over the past few years and has a heavenly atmosphere. There is a new roof with copper guttering, significant restoration has been undertaken to the external stone elevations and façade. Under floor heating on the garden level, cast iron radiators or radiators with covers on the ground and first floor powered by oil, room thermostats controlled at distance, new plumbing and electricity with dimmable and programmable lights, internet with wireless connection throughout and TV by audio video distribution system, floor and ceiling insulation, reconstructed chimney linings, water tank with UV-treatment, double glazed wooden windows, original parquet flooring in several rooms in top condition, high quality bathroom fixtures and fittings throughout, music system, alarm system with outdoor cameras viewable through AV system, intruder alarm connected to remote monitoring.
A truly prestige residence with plenty of charm, exceptional by its architecture, restoration and location, in a peaceful countryside environment! A small heaven on earth!